[SoundStudies] Tue 15 April, 7:00pm - Film: Upstream Color - Loria 250

Joseph Clarke joseph.clarke at yale.edu
Tue Apr 8 11:12:54 EDT 2014

Yale Sound Studies Colloquium participants are invited to a special
screening of *Upstream Color* (2013) next Tuesday evening. This film, which
thematizes auditory experience and has been acclaimed for its sound design,
is of great interest to sound scholars. The screening is arranged by Prof.
J.D. Connor, one of our group's conveners, and will take place at *7:00pm*
 in *Loria Hall* (near the corner of Chapel and York Streets), room *250*.

Colloquium participants are especially encouraged to attend as we will be
joined on the following Monday, April 21, by *Amy Herzog*, Associate
Professor of Media Studies and Coordinator of the Film Studies Program at
Queens College, for a talk entitled "*Rendering the Audible: Resonance,
Order, and Noise in Upstream Color*."

More information will be distributed soon about Prof. Herzog's talk. In the
meantime, please join us for this screening event.