[SoundStudies] Mon 21 April, 4:30pm - WHC B04 - Amy Herzog on film sound

Joseph Clarke joseph.clarke at yale.edu
Mon Apr 14 10:21:49 EDT 2014

The Yale Sound Studies Colloquium invites you to join us next Monday, April
21, at 4:30pm in the Whitney Humanities Center, Room B04. We will feature *Amy
Herzog*, Associate Professor of Media Studies and Coordinator of the Film
Studies Program at Queens College. Herzog's research interests include
film, philosophy, popular music, and gender studies. She is the author
of *Dreams
of Difference, Songs of the Same: The Musical Moment in Film* (2010), and
is co-editing an anthology on sound and image in digital media.

Herzog's talk next Monday is entitled "*Rendering the Audible: Resonance,
Order, and Noise in Upstream Color*." In preparation, Sound Studies
Colloquium participants are invited tomorrow (Tuesday) evening to a special
screening of *Upstream Color*, a new film which thematizes auditory
experience and has been acclaimed for its sound design. The screening will
take place at 7:00pm in Loria Hall (near the corner of Chapel and York
Streets), room 250.