[SoundStudies] TODAY! 7:00pm - Film: Upstream Color - Loria 250

Joseph Clarke joseph.clarke at yale.edu
Tue Apr 15 10:40:40 EDT 2014

Yale Sound Studies Colloquium participants are invited this evening to a
special screening of *Upstream Color* (2013), a new film which thematizes
auditory experience and has been acclaimed for its sound design. The
screening is arranged by Prof. J.D. Connor, one of our group's conveners,
and will take place at *7:00pm* in *Loria Hall* (near the corner of Chapel
and York Streets), room *250*.

Colloquium participants are especially encouraged to attend as we will be
joined next Monday, April 21, by Amy Herzog, Associate Professor of Media
Studies and Coordinator of the Film Studies Program at Queens College, for
a talk entitled "Rendering the Audible: Resonance, Order, and Noise in
*Upstream
Color*."