[SoundStudies] TODAY! 4:30pm - Julie Beth Napolin on Audiophonic Form and Faulkner - WHC B04

Carmel Raz carmel.raz at yale.edu
Mon Nov 3 10:14:08 EST 2014

The Yale Sound Studies Working Group invites you to join us this afternoon
as we feature Dr. Julie Beth Napolin, who is Assistant Professor of Digital
Humanities at Eugene Lang College, The New School for Liberal Arts. We will
discuss her paper " “Ravel Out into the No-Wind No-Sound”: The Audiophonic
Form of As I Lay Dying." (attached).

------

Yale Sound Studies Working Group Fall 2014 Schedule

October 13: Carmel Raz, Department of Music, Yale University
"Hector Berlioz’s Neurophysiological Imagination"

November 3: Julie Beth Napolin, Eugene Lang Liberal Arts College, The New
School
"Ravel Out into the No-Wind No-Sound”: The Audiophonic Form of As I Lay
Dying"

December 8: Ron Kuivila, Music Department, Wesleyan University
"Big Dada: The Technics of Dissociation"

Meetings take place at 4:30pm in the Whitney Humanities Center, room B04.
All are welcome to participate. To subscribe to or unsubscribe from our
email list, please visit
http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/soundstudies. The SSWG is
organized by JD Connor, Brian Kane, Joseph Clarke, and Carmel Raz.

------