[SoundStudies] SSWG -- Tuesday 12/13!!

Mary Horn mary.jones at yale.edu
Tue Dec 6 08:31:22 EST 2016

Dear Sound Studies Readers,

We will have our last meeting of the semester next *Tuesday December 13th
at 5:30 in WHC B-04*, and we hope to see you there!

For this meeting, we will be reading Chapters 1, 3, and 5 from *Sound and
Safe: **A History of Listening Behind the Wheel, *a collaborative work by
Karin Bijsterveld, Eefje Cleophas, Stefan Krebs, and Gijs Mom. Mary Jones
will lead discussion, and, as always, we'll look forward to welcoming any
and all interested readers for conversation and refreshments. The reading
selections are available on our classes v2 site (direct links: Ch. 1
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Bijsterveld%2C%20et%20al./Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Ch%201.pdf>,
Ch. 3
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Bijsterveld%2C%20et%20al./Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Ch%203.pdf>,
Ch. 5
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Bijsterveld%2C%20et%20al./Sound%20and%20Safe%2C%20Ch%205.pdf>),
and the entire book is available online through ORBIS.

Happy reading, and hope to see you all next Tuesday!

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG