[SoundStudies] SSWG Second Meeting -- Tuesday 10/11!

Mary Horn mary.jones at yale.edu
Wed Oct 5 17:21:30 EDT 2016

Dear All,

We are excited to announce SSWG's second meeting of the year, which will
take place *next Tuesday, October 11 at 5:30 in WHC B-04!*

For this meeting, we will read three segments (Introduction, Chapter 2,
Chapter 4) of *Ana Maria Ochoa Gautier's Aurality: Listening and Knowledge
in Nineteenth-Century Colombia, *and Catherine Slowik of the Music Dept.
will lead discussion. As always, we'll serve refreshments, and we'll look
forward to welcoming any and all interested readers. The reading selections
are available on our classes v2 site (direct links: Intro
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Aurality%2C%20Intro.pdf>,
Ch2
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Aurality%2C%20Ch2.pdf>,
Ch4
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Aurality%2C%20Ch4.pdf>,
notes
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Fall%202016/Aurality%2C%20Notes.pdf>),
and the entire book is available online through ORBIS.

Happy reading, and hope to see you all next Tuesday!

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG