[SoundStudies] SSWG First Meeting - Today! 5:30PM in WHC

Nicholas Forster nicholas.forster at yale.edu
Tue Sep 27 08:23:19 EDT 2016

Dear Sound Scholars,

We are so thrilled that *Today at 5:30 in WHC B04* the SSWG will have its
first meeting of the year.

We will be reading three segments (Intro., Chap. 3: Whisper, Chap. 5:
Silence) of John Mowitt's recently released book:*Sounds:The Ambient
Humanities. *Brian Kane will be leading the discussion, which is sure to be
insightful. Access to Mowitt's book is available through our classes v2
site, which you can access here
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/John%20Mowitt%2C%20Sounds%20The%20Ambient%20Humanities.pdf>.
(If you have trouble make sure that you have joined the site and are a
member). The book is also available through ORBIS.

Of course, as always we will have some refreshments as well! This is an
exciting start to what, we hope, is an fascinating series of discussions.
If you are interested we'd love to see you there!

Happy reading,

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG