[SoundStudies] Sound Studies Meeting TOMORROW 4/4 5PM (Jace Clayton's Uproot: Travels in 21st-Century Music and Digital Culture)

Nicholas Forster nicholas.forster at yale.edu
Mon Apr 3 11:52:41 EDT 2017

Dear Studious Soundies,

I hope this finds you well after a refreshing spring break!

We will be meeting *TOMORROW (April 4) beginning at 5PM in Stoeckel room
313 (on the corner of Wall and College).*

This week's meeting will be led by Wills Glasspiegel a graduate student in
African American Studies and American Studies and we will be reading
Chapter 1 + 2 from Jace Clayton's recent book *Uproot: Travels in
21st-Century Music and Digital Culture* [be sure to check out the website:
uprootbook.com].

*The reading is attached below.*

*As always please feel free to come to this meeting, even if you are unable
to read this entire selection*. *We are eager to discuss!*

We will have some nice refreshments and great conversation. If you have any
questions please don't hesitate to e-mail any of the conveners.

This is our second to last meeting for the semester (our next will be May
2) and are thrilled to be dialogue with you all.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane, Brian
Miller
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG