[SoundStudies] Sound Studies First Meeting TOMORROW 5PM 2/21 WHC

Nicholas Forster nicholas.forster at yale.edu
Mon Feb 20 14:55:07 EST 2017

Dear Sonic Scholars,

Tomorrow will be our first meeting and we will be reading Parts I, III, and
V the recently translated book: *Sound: An Acoulogical Treatise* by Michel
Chion (translated by James A. Steintrager). You can access the book here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__read.dukeupress.edu_content_sound&d=DwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=InYMYnUc-1mpSgY3qDIzBrVOgBTbtaL4WhYzqX_0YVA&m=8MYx3Vgi4N_xxqJXciuKwg494ioDaec95Ltx557rTKU&s=HaIloTaog76vf8aHpY109swPmmhO1EOEwqeGCtUN3us&e= . The material is also on the V2
site here [remember to join as a member to access this
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Spring%202017/Chion%20-%20Sound%20_Part%20I%2CIII%2CV%20and%20Notes_.pdf>
]

*Please feel free to come to this meeting, even if you are unable to read
this entire selection*. *We are eager to discuss!*

As always, we'll meet in *WHC B-04 at 5:00PM* and there will be
refreshments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail any
of the conveners.

As a reminder the rest of the semester is exciting and will feature:

March 7: Professor Daphne Brooks, African American Studies, American
Studies, Theater Studies
April 4: Wills Glasspiegel, graduate student in African American Studies &
American Studies
May 2: Brian Miller, graduate student in the Music Department

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane, Brian
Miller
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG