[SoundStudies] Call for Submissions: Palimpsest: Yale Literary and Arts Magazine Vol VIII

Nicholas Forster nicholas.forster at yale.edu
Mon Feb 20 20:30:30 EST 2017

Dear Soundies,

Happy Monday! Below I've forwarded an e-mail from Yale's literary journal
which is seeking submissions on "Risk." The team is especially excited
about possible audio or visual works so I wanted to send this along in case
anyone was interested or knew anyone!

Dear Colleague,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to you as the performance
co-editor of Yale's literary journal *Palimpsest.*

We are currently seeking visual, audio, video, and text submissions for our
print journal and website. Please see below for our call for submissions
(additional guidelines are available on our site).

Feel free to circulate this widely to anyone interested in submitting. You
can contact me directly with any questions. I look forward to hearing from
you.

All Best,

Danielle Bainbridge

Palimpsest is a biannual print publication run by graduate and professional
students at Yale University, featuring visual art, nonfiction, fiction,
poetry, and media related to performance, architecture and music.

We are pleased to announce the call for submissions for our upcoming issue,
organized around the theme of RISK.

Calculated. Avoided. Craved. At once the threat of danger and the prospect
of success, risk is the avenue you didn’t know you wanted to take, but will
it lead you to breakthrough, momentary thrill, or disaster and pain? Risk
compels and repels, promises and invalidates. How do we innovate and
connect in a moment characterized by unknowable risk?

Submissions approaching this topic from a variety of perspectives, genres,
and media, including sound and video, are welcome.

Visit campuspress.yale.edu/palimpsest for submission guidelines and
information regarding our past issues. Please send submissions to
submissions.palimpsest at gmail.com by midnight April 15, 2017.

If you have any questions, contact yale.palimpsest at gmail.com.

[...]

[image: Inline image 1]