[SoundStudies] TOMORROW 3/6 @ 5 PM -- Daphne Brooks leads the Sound Studies Working Group

Brian Kane brian.kane at yale.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:47:33 EST 2017

Dear Sonicists,

The next meeting of the Sound Studies Working Group is TOMORROW, MARCH 6th. It will feature Prof. Daphne Brooks leading discussion on an excerpt from her manuscript in-progress, Subterranean Blues: Black Women Sound Modernity. Because this material is in progress, Prof. Brooks has requested that it does not circulate beyond the SSWG. If you are planning on attending the session, please email  brian.kane at yale.edu <mailto:brian.kane at yale.edu> to access the readings.

Please feel free to come to this meeting, even if you are unable to read this entire selection. We are eager to discuss!

For this session, we'll meet in a different location: 313 Stoeckel Hall at 5:00PM. As usual, there will be refreshments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail any of the conveners.

As a reminder the rest of the semester is exciting and will feature:

April 4: Wills Glasspiegel, graduate student in African American Studies & American Studies
May 2: Brian Miller, graduate student in the Music Department

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane, Brian Miller
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG