[SoundStudies] Last Spring SSWG: TODAY, May 2, 5PM in WHC B-04

Andrew Jones andrew.d.jones at yale.edu
Tue May 2 09:56:30 EDT 2017

Dear Sound Studiers,

We invite you to join us for the last meeting of the semester for the Sound
Studies Working Group (SSWG)* this afternoon, **Tuesday, May 2, at 5:00PM*.
We will meet in the basement of the Whitney Humanities Center, *WHC B-04*.

Brian Miller, a graduate student in the Department of Music, will lead a
discussion of selected chapters from Jonathan Sterne's *MP3: The Meaning of
a Format (Sign, Storage, Transmission)*.  An excerpted document containing
chapters 1, 2, 3, and 5 can be downloaded from the SSWG classes*v2 site
<https://classesv2.yale.edu/access/content/group/8c8dec44-d2cb-4437-a8a2-24f10abb14ff/Spring%202017/Sterne%20-%20MP3%20Ch%201-2-3-5%2Bnotes.pdf>
.

As usual, refreshments will be provided, and close readers and
didn't-quite-get-to-it readers are warmly welcomed.  If you've been meaning
to come out, now's your chance!

With all best,

Nicholas Forster, Ben Glaser, Andrew Jones, Mary Jones, Brian Kane, Brian
Miller
Co-Conveners, Yale SSWG