[SoundStudies] Sound Studies Working Group -- Next Meeting, Wednesday 11/15, 1-3PM, 107 Stoeckel

Brian Kane brian.kane at yale.edu
Fri Nov 10 12:01:58 EST 2017

Dear Soundies,

The second meeting of the Sound Studies Working Group <https://campuspress.yale.edu/soundstudies/> we will be held on Wednesday, November 15, from 1 – 3 PM in 107 Stoeckel Hall (on the corner of College and Wall).

We will be discussing Jennifer Lynn Stoever’s The Sonic Color Line: Race and the Cultural Politics of Listening. The introduction, chapter 1, and chapter 5 are available below:

Stoever, Sonic Color Line (intro, ch1, ch5) <https://campuspress.yale.edu/soundstudies/files/2017/11/Stoever-Sonic-Color-Line-intro-ch1-ch5-2bs6nxo.pdf>
The session will be lead by Prof. Brian Kane (Music).

We will have plenty of food and drink and conversation. All are welcome to attend. Join us!

Best wishes,
The SSWG Organizers

P.S. Feel free to circulate or share the attached flyer.