[SoundStudies] Fall 2017 -- First Meeting -- October 25th, 1-3 PM, 107 Stoeckel

Brian Kane brian.kane at yale.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:38:52 EDT 2017

Dear Soundies,

The first meeting of Yale’s Sound Studies Working Group will be held on Wednesday, October 25, from 1-3 PM in 107 Stoeckel Hall (located on the corner of College and Wall). The flyer, with a calendar of upcoming events for the semester, is attached. As always, we’ll have plenty of food, drink, and discussion!

For the meeting we will read the introduction and two essays from a recent issue of Parallax (vol. 23, no. 3, 2017) on the theme “Sounding/Thinking,” edited by James Lavender. For links to the reading, please visit our new website: https://campuspress.yale.edu/soundstudies/ <https://campuspress.yale.edu/soundstudies/>.

Anyone and everyone with an interest is sound studies is encouraged to attend, even if you haven’t completed the readings. (Did I mention that there will be food?) Join us!

See you there,
The SSWG Organizers

————