[SYO-mail] SYO Educational Concert!

syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Wed Dec 8 10:57:58 EST 2004

Dear Friends,
         The Saybrook Orchestra  will be offering a free educational
concert to a full house of students from all over the state of Connecticut
on Friday, December 10th at 10:00 am at Yale's Battell Chapel.  This
concert is the centerpiece of the orchestra's educational outreach for the
2004-2005 season.  The program ("Jupiter" from The Planets of Gustav Holst,
Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain and a suite of music from the movie
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone), will be narrated by Tony
Award-nominated actress Kate Burton, a graduate of the Yale School of
Drama.  Nearly 900 students and educators are expected to be in
attendance.  The concert is offered by the Saybrook Orchestra in order to
provide an opportunity for students to become more familiar with classical
music and the sound of a full symphonic orchestra.
         There is limited seating available at this concert for walk-ins,
and we would invite you to come and enjoy what promises to be a very
exciting and rewarding show.

Concerts of the Saybrook Orchestra are made possible in part by the
generous support of our friends.  To learn more about partnering with us to
present a concert or about the orchestra's upcoming schedule, please visit
us on the web at
<http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra>http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra.