[SYO-mail] SYO Upcoming Events

syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Wed Nov 2 21:20:33 EST 2005

http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra

Thank you all for making the Fall Concert and CD Release successful--it was
a very meaningful night for us, and it is always our pleasure to share our
music with you.  Copies of Promethean Journey are still available; for more
information, visit http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra/compilation.html. You
may want to mark these upcoming events on your calendars:
    * Tuesday, November 15th, 7:00 pm, Dwight Chapel.  SYO Chamber Players
present a special chamber performance of Mozart Symphony No. 25 in G
minor.  A study in alternative performance styles, the symphony will be
performed without conductor.  Free and open to the public.
    * Tuesday, December 6th, 5:00 pm, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript
Library.  Brass. presents a concert of holiday favorites and introduces a
new CD of Christmas music.  Free and open to the public.  Reception to
follow. (http://www.yale.edu/brass)
    * Wednesday, December 7th, 10:00 am, Battell Chapel.  SYO Education
Concert.  This year's program features Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries,
Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, and music from Star
Wars.  Seats are filling up fast, so reserve a spot for your school
today!  (http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra/education.html)
    * Saturday, December 10th, 9:00 pm, Dwight Chapel.  Low Strung, the
celli of the Saybrook College Orchestra, will present classical
arrangements of popular music favorites.  Free and open to the
public.  (http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra/lowstrung.html)
We look forward to seeing you soon!

http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra