[SYO-mail] Low Strung: Rock out for Recovery this Thursday at 9:00

syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Mon Oct 1 16:14:14 EDT 2007

Dear friends,

We'd like to invite you to Low Strung's concert this Thursday, Oct 4 at
9:00 pm in the Saybrook College Stone Courtyard (Elm and York streets).

This concert is an event for our member Dan Lewis (SY '09), who was
seriously injured this summer while riding as part of the Habitat for
Humanity cross-country bicycle challenge.  Dan was hit by a car in Kansas
in early July and since then has been in a coma.  His condition continues
to improve, but his recovery will be long, difficult, and expensive for his
family.

The concert is free, but we'd encourage you to make a donation to the Lewis
Fund, which will go towards the non-insured expenses that Dan's family are
having to deal with.  You can also buy a Low Strung t-shirt or CD; proceeds
will all go to the Lewis Fund as well.  Come early and you may get your own
Low Strung lighter/bottle-opener with your donation!  (There are only
100... so run!)

Let's rock out for Dan's recovery!  We hope to see you there.

Low Strung
http://myspace.com/lowstrungcellos