[SYO-mail] Saybrook College Orchestra Winter Benefit Concert, 2/20/10

Sat Feb 13 10:34:32 EST 2010

Hello, friends of Saybrook College Orchestra!

Next Saturday evening, SYO will be kicking off 2010 with our winter concert.
Unlike past winter concerts, however, we are working in conjunction
with *Shelter
Now* (read more about Shelter Now below) to put together a fantastic benefit
concert - great music and a great cause! Please join us as we get together
to play works by Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Elgar, and Tchaikovsky.

[image:
?ui=2&view=att&th=126c7f5224ed724a&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_126c7f5224ed724a&zw]

*MENDELSSOHN, Hebrides Overture, Op. 26
ELGAR, Serenade for Strings in E Minor, Op. 20*
Conducted by Tian Hui Ng, co-conductor
*
BEETHOVEN, Leonore Overture No. 3, Op. 72a
TCHAIKOVSKY, Symphony No. 1 in G Minor, "Winter Daydreams", Op. 13
- Movements I and II*
Conducted by Arianne Abela, co-conductor

*Saturday, February 20, 2010
8:00pm
Battell Chapel (Elm and College St., New Haven, CT)
$5 suggested donation*

Facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=481176880331&ref=mf<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/event.php?eid=481176880331&ref=mf>

Hope to see you there!

--

*Shelter Now* is a program of the Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action
Project (YHHAP, http://www.yale.edu/yhhap). In the fall of 2008, Shelter Now