[Tshwanelex-l] Adding new formatting markup characters

James Crippen jcrippen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:55:33 EST 2012

Is there a way to add new formatting markup characters to TLex? I have
added a %p to my database which I use to indicate text that should be
in an IPA-capable font in the middle of otherwise ordinary text (e.g.
notes for local English pronunciations). I have this working in my
backend stuff that generates PDFs through LaTeX, but it’s a bit of a
visual distraction in TLex still. I’d like to have some code, perhaps
a LUA script or something, that could process the text between %p
pairs and display it in a different font.