[Tshwanelex-l] 2 tlCorpus feature requests

David Joffe david.joffe at tshwanedje.com
Mon Feb 10 13:32:22 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

If you have a chance, you can try out the latest 'beta' build
(version 1103 or higher .. note 'beta' versions are at the bottom of
the download page for each software application on our site) .. it
includes the following:

* A new tlCorpus option (in Tools / Options) to turn off the
automatic 'whole word only search' option; it's slightly
non-intuitive, but basically, toggling that option means you can
also use the syntax I'd suggested first, i.e.:
\[COMPANY NAME\]
(If you use that, just remember to turn the option back to its
default again afterwards, or all searches will be
partial-word-matching)

Also in Tools / Options:
* New options to change width (or height) of the main search box
(and the default width is now wider)
* New option "Tabs/OnDoubleClick" allows you to enable closing tabs
by double-clicking on the tab [disabled by default]
* New option "Tabs/OnIconClick" allows you to enable closing tabs by
clicking on the tab's icon [disabled by default]

So there are two options for enabling the tab closing: Double-click
on tab, and single on tab's *icon* ... it's not immediately clear to
me if this second option might be useful or more annoying (e.g. I
found I kept accidentally clicking on the icon). Anyway, you can try
either. These options are disabled by default as I'm not sure they
might annoy existing users, and they're still slightly experimental.
(The 'design' might seem slightly unnecessarily obscure (e.g.
setting the option value to '0'), there was a reason I did it that
way, it's that I have in mind that maybe in future we might
potentially link other 'actions' to e.g. the double-click or
whatever instead of 'close', but anyway, that's not important.)

* Right-click on 'tabs' now pops up a menu with a 'Close' tab option

 - David