[Yale2boston] info about yale2boston

yale2boston-owner at mailman.yale.edu yale2boston-owner at mailman.yale.edu
Tue Nov 22 15:17:34 EST 2005

Hi yale2boston at mailman!

Thanks for susbscribing to yale2boston at mailman.yale.edu.
This list isn't really active yet, as I haven't figured out whether this is the
best medium for sharing info about rides.  Here are some alternatives to using
yale2boston:

-- Alternative #1:  NuRide.com / Newride.com --
Don Relihan, Director of Yale Support Services (ie, Transportation and other
depts), informed me of a rideshare board called NuRide.com, through which
professionals and students can organize carpools.  NuRide membership is
available to anyone having an email address at a corporation or a school.
gmail and hotmail accounts apparently don't cut it.  This membership
requirement is intended to make it easier to trust strangers with whom you'll
be riding.

Please let me know if you love or hate the idea of using nuride.com.  Depending
on your responses, I'll either try to make yale2boston work, or redirect
yale2boston subscribers to nuride.com.

-- Alternative #2:  Yale Int'l list on yahoo --
People occasionally advertise rides to/from Boston or NY on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YaleInternational/

If you love or hate using YaleIntl, please let me know.  Depending on your
vice versa.

-- Alternative #3:  YaleStation Rideboard --
People occasionally advertise rides on http://yalestation.org/rideboard/

If you love/hate using yalestation, please let me know.  Depending on your
vice versa.

Thanks for your feedback, your patience, and your interest!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Eli Kim
2nd year comp sci grad student
yale2boston-owner at mailman.yale.edu