[YPA] TOMORROW: Monthly Meeting and Upcoming Events

Yale Postdoctoral Association ypa at yale.edu
Mon Apr 10 10:23:06 EDT 2017

Greetings fellow postdocs!

Our monthly meeting is tomorrow evening at from 6-7p in the Medical Library’s Simbonis Conference (SHM L101A) and all postdocs are welcome and encouraged to attend! You can check our agenda to see what we have planned (attached to this e-mail). We will have light refreshments and discuss the upcoming plans for the YPA. We hope that you will consider joining us, but if you are unable to attend and have any questions or comments for the YPA, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

We also have some upcoming events that we want to let you know about!

Yale School of Music Event

The YPA invites you to join us in enjoying the final Yale Philharmonia Concert of the season and experience the impressive ambiance of Woolsey Hall with the music of Yale Philharmonia Orchestra<http://music.yale.edu/concerts/series/philharmonia/>, one of America’s foremost music school ensembles!

Principal Conductor Peter Oundjian<http://music.yale.edu/faculty/oundjian-peter/> leads the Yale Philharmonia and soprano Jin-Xiang Yu, winner of the Woolsey Hall Concerto Competition, in a program of works by Beethoven, Messiaen, and Adams.

April 21st at 7:30p in Woolsey Hall

Tickets: $6.50/person

Register and pay here by April 17th 3PM: http://ypa.yale.edu/ypa-school-music-event-philharmonia-concert-april-21st

We will buy a block of tickets for postdocs and attend together. We look forward to seeing you in YPA Music Events!

YPA Trip to the PEZ Factory

The YPA is paying for a bus to take up to 50 lucky postdocs to visit the PEZ Candy Factory in Orange, CT (about 15 minutes away from campus). This will be a great trip for families with young kids or postdocs who are young at heart! We will get to see where PEZ candies are made and get a chance to buy some yummy treats!

April 29th from 1-4p leaving from and returning to Phelps Gate on the Main Yale Campus
Tickets: $4/person at the door (Bring cash to purchase tickets!)
Register here as soon as possible: http://ypa.yale.edu/PEZ (Bus is first-come, first-served)

Email Judit (Judit.jimenezsainz at yale.edu<mailto:Judit.jimenezsainz at yale.edu>) with any questions!

YPA Postdoc Career Café: Deciphering the Grant Review Process

A discussion of what goes on behind the closed doors of the grant review panel, and how to successfully respond to critiques and criticisms. We will have a panel of professors who have sat on grant review panels and postdocs who have successfully navigated the grant process to discuss their experiences and take questions from the audience. If you have a specific question already, feel free to ask it in the registration form*.

April 27th from 2-3:30p in Brady Auditorium (BML B131)
Register Here: http://ypa.yale.edu/postdoc-career-cafe

*Unfortunately, due to time constraints we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, but we will do our best!

We hope to see you at our upcoming events, and at our next monthly meeting tomorrow, April 11th at 6p in the Simbonis Conference Room in the Medical Library. As always, let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for new events and initiatives for the YPA.

Have a great day!

- Drew and Katherine

[http://ypa.yale.edu/sites/default/files/images/logoYPA-50pix.png]<http://ypa.yale.edu/>

Andrew Hastings<mailto:ypa at yale.edu> • Co-chair<http://ypa.yale.edu/>

ypa.yale.edu<http://ypa.yale.edu/> • Yale University<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.google.com_maps_place_Yale-2BUniversity_-4041.3163244-2C-2D72.9223431-2C17z_data-3D-213m1-214b1-214m2-213m1-211s0x89e7d9b6cd624945-3A0xae34a2c4b4d30427-3Fhl-3Den&d=DwIGaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=ts6DoxU3a_s2fzzn3QvIpkoyCYYwiXKYHpcc0R45jAo&m=cca_o1VcraaDtyqWQmlso2NL8xtMeNhhKvP_2yVbVO0&s=hx-XKNrX39m6ET3prmrW2HCqPM3V8ikvS-cAi_OqKsk&e= >

[http://ypa.yale.edu/sites/default/files/images/logoYPA-50pix.png]<http://ypa.yale.edu/>

Katherine Hastings<mailto:ypa at yale.edu> • Co-chair<http://ypa.yale.edu/>