[YPA] Postdoc Career Cafe, Pumpkin Picking and Monthly Meeting Agenda

Hastings, Andrew andrew.hastings at yale.edu
Mon Oct 9 19:48:30 EDT 2017

Hello Fellow Postdocs!

We hope that you are having a fantastic Fall! We have our monthly meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 10th from 6-8p in the Simbonis Conference room at the Medical Library (L101A). We will discuss upcoming events and brainstorm new ideas for the postdoc community. All postdocs are welcome! (Agenda is attached to this e-mail)

We also have a few great events coming up, and you can check them out below! Please, don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Hope to see you soon!

  *   Drew and Drago, YPA Co-Chairs

Postdoc Career Café: Transitional Grants

Wednesday, October 11th from 2:00-3:30p | Brady Auditorium (BML B131)

Discussion of what kind of grants are available to help you transition to a faculty position, and what the process for applying for them entails. Panel includes professors and researchers who have sat on grant review panels and/or successfully obtained career transitional grant funding. Coffee and snacks will be served!

Panel will include:

Rong Fan, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Elena Gracheva, Assistant Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and of Neuroscience

Rachel Jamison Perry, Associate Research Scientist, Internal Medicine

Register Here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_forms_d_e_1FAIpQLSd4C19-5FI0QD-5FHbVBkOx3Gee4Nj17U3YHm2l8shLGSeaQ6x7EA_viewform&d=DwMFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=RIBJKZU_P6q_udDMblUL-kw3zpSosq8nXggDCQh8cUc&m=G3tVPxCiOnEKF9Vp5j2_nLkSBHjeSe10bVQSOQG2rLQ&s=7BarBUvnan6IxvMQht5W1C2wldkQv9ELAu2405K7Jo4&e=>

Pumpkin Picking

Sunday, October 22nd from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm | Bishop's Orchards, Guildford (Meeting point for bus: 10:00 am at Phelps Gate, 2:00 pm return)

Need a pumpkin to carve for Halloween? Want a real Connecticut farm experience?

Come join the YPA to pick-your-own pumpkin, wine tasting, donkey rides, face painting and more! Bring your family and friends to share a fun experience with fellow Postdocs!

Please note: This bus is not able to accommodate children's car seats, and will have very limited space for strollers. If you wish to drive to Bishop's Orchards (1355 Boston Post Road, Guilford, CT) on your own, that is an option.

You are financially responsible for purchasing any items from the farm and for any other activities you wish to participate in. When we arrive at the farm, we will go straight out to the pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkins, and then you are free to do any of the activities offered at the farm.

Other activities include wine tasting ($9, taste 6 different wines wine glass as souvenir), face painting ($8), and more! You can check their website<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bishopsorchards.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=RIBJKZU_P6q_udDMblUL-kw3zpSosq8nXggDCQh8cUc&m=G3tVPxCiOnEKF9Vp5j2_nLkSBHjeSe10bVQSOQG2rLQ&s=d41nP-Q8EkPOdCRK6601nx_kbFRdNMEsy1g1VIRvTVs&e=> for more info. There is also a local farmer's market where you can pick up fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, bakery products and wine.

If you do want to participate in the wine tastings, please make sure you indicate that on your registration so we can get an idea of how many people to plan for. If you have any questions about this event, contact Judit (judit.jimenezsainz at yale.edu<mailto:judit.jimenezsainz at yale.edu>). Let all your postdoc friends know so we can fill up our bus!

Register Here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_forms_d_e_1FAIpQLSd7g0Dxuei0eNXb9R50H7k6OTAOfnl5gxGK14WuYHnipQc3cQ_viewform&d=DwMFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=RIBJKZU_P6q_udDMblUL-kw3zpSosq8nXggDCQh8cUc&m=G3tVPxCiOnEKF9Vp5j2_nLkSBHjeSe10bVQSOQG2rLQ&s=feUfurPDJBraTbxgIaaUJZkRRgRwxjAGyJvaQ0ou1BQ&e=>