[YPNG] YPNG Friday 12 September 2014, 11:00-1:00, usual place

sekhar sekhar.tatikonda at yale.edu
Wed Sep 10 11:01:31 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Patrick Rebeschini will talk about  how to tweak classical sequential
Monte Carlo algorithms
(particle filters) to overcome the curse of dimensionality in high
dimensional problems. He
will review the classical theory (bootstrap particle filter), analyze
the curse of dimensionality,
and discuss what ideas are needed to address the core of the problem and
to make tangible
progress in applications.

See you Friday at 11 in the Stat's classroom.

Regards,
sekhar