[YPNG] YPNG Friday 9 January 2015

Sekhar Tatikonda sekhar.tatikonda at yale.edu
Wed Jan 7 11:17:44 EST 2015

Hi Everyone,
The first YPNG seminar of the Spring 2015 season will be held this Friday.

SPEAKER: Alp Kucukelbir, Columbia University

TITLE: Profile Predictive Inference

ABSTRACT: When a model does not match the data, predictive accuracy
suffers. To mitigate this effect, we develop the profile predictor, a
predictive
density that incorporates the population distribution of data into Bayesian
inference.  We extend this method into variational inference and propose a
stochastic optimization algorithm, called bumping variational inference.

See you Friday at 11 in the Stat's classroom.

Regards,
sekhar