Special Appearance and Sneak Preview

brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Sun Apr 11 14:08:55 EDT 2004

         This Tuesday night at 9, Brass. will be appearing as featured
artists at open mic night at The Space in Hamden.  Details are on their
site (http://www.geocities.com/thespacelovesyou/), and directions are
appended to the end of this email.  It's a new performance setting for us,
and we'd be happy to see some of our old friends join in as we try to
expand our audience.
         Also, for a sneak preview of the movie "Brass. to the Moon", which
will be premiered (with live music) at our April 22nd cartoon concert, go
to the Brass. web site and look at the photo galleries--there you can see
pictures from the first filming session.  We look forward to a funny and
interesting evening on the 22nd.

Brass.

Directions to The Space:
 From Exit 60 (Dixwell Ave.) on the Merritt Parkway
At either exit off the Merritt, take a right onto Dixwell Ave. Travel south
down Dixwell for two or three lights until you see a business called
"Rainbow Cleaners" on your right. The light directly after this business is
the intersection of Treadwell St. and Dixwell Ave. Turn left onto
Treadwell. If you pass a Kentucky Fried Chicken on your left then you've
gone too far. Turn it around, pal.

On Treadwell St. drive up the incline and over the small bridge. Directly
past the bridge are two driveways to your left. Take the second one (marked
with a large brown-and-white sign that says "295 Treadwell Business Park").
We're the square center building (Building H) right in front of you as you
pull in. Welcome!

 From Exit 6 (Willow St.) on I-91
At the end of the exit off I-91, you will take a right onto Willow St. Go
straight through several traffic lights until you reach the end of Willow,
then take a right onto Whitney Ave. Travel north for two miles or so on
Whitney Ave. (through several more traffic lights). Keep a lookout for a
small Texaco station on your left during a sharp turn. The light after this
is the intersection of Whitney Ave. and Putnam Ave. (There will be a store
called Books and Co. on your right at the light.) Take a left at the light
here onto Putnam Ave. Travel straight on Putnam until the third light. Take
a right here onto Leeder Hill Rd. (Be mindful of the blind turns here.) At
the end of Leeder Hill Rd. take a left onto Treadwell St. The Space is your
next right shortly up ahead. The driveway is marked with a large