Butterflies in hamden

Andrew Brand andrew.brand at snet.net
Sat Aug 28 17:52:17 EDT 1999

Hi all,

Today my yard was full of great butterflies! I saw 2 Fiery Skippers, an
Ocola Skipper, and 1 Leonard's Skipper (fresh). Including these three
species, I had a total of 18 species. The field trip in Branford
tomorrow could be great.
Also, unfortunately, after reviewing many books and photos, I have
decided that the sachem I thought I had on Aug.23 was actually a very
beat up female Zabulon Skipper with no silvery color on the wing and an
unusually prominent chevron on the hindwing. Oh well, I'll keep looking.
If they have been in RI anf NY, why not CT? Good luck.

Andy Brand