Hammo butterflies

Rumohr at aol.com Rumohr at aol.com
Sat Oct 30 23:09:17 EDT 1999

I had 2 Monarchs in my garden in Trumbull yesterday and today but guess what?
They were ones I raised ! I had set them out  knowing they predicted a mild
night,they nectared on the last of the butterfly blooms and left by noon. I
tagged them and since it was so warm they had no trouble flying off. Perhaps
they will make So. Carolina????One year I mailed some to the Texas Zoo but
had lost the name of the gal to whom I sent them. She sent word that they
arrived safely and sent them on their way. I always worry about those late
emergers! It's a lonely chilly flight. Ruthie Mohr