Sunday Leps

Andrew Brand andrew.brand at snet.net
Sun Aug 20 17:01:45 EDT 2000

Hi All,

Today in my yard nectaring on goldenrod I had a beautiful fresh =
Red-banded Hairstreak! This is the second year (August 8,1999) in a row =
that Ihave had this species show up.

Also, could this be another Fiery Skipper year?? After Lenny reported =
two yesterday in Branford, I had a male and female today on my Buddleia =
and Joe-Pye Weed.

Also present in the yard today were Tiger Swallowtail, Spicebush =
Swallowtail, Least Skipper, Zabulon Skipper, Cabbage White, Tawny-edged =
Skipper, Silver-spotted Skipper, Great-spangled Frit. and Pearl =
Crescent.

That's all for now. I want to run out and check the field before the sun =
disappears.

Andy Brand