Something's Missing

Avocetfm at aol.com Avocetfm at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 06:16:47 EDT 2000

Karen & John,
I echo Karen's concern.  Virtually all summer, I have seen much lower numbers
of butterflies (except for lots of Cabbage Whites) in places where the past
few years were hopping.  Namely, several wonderful gardens (including
Buddleia) along my mailroute in Westport, and southern Fairfield County in
general.

I'd mentioned this earlier to Greg Hanisek & Patrick Dugan; Patrick (in
Stamford) had agreed, stating there 'd been virtually no skippers at all
(July).
Makes me wonder if pesticide spraying (including for mosquitoes) is taking
it's toll!!

Frank Mantlik
Avocetfm at aol.com