local leps

Andrew Brand andrew.brand at snet.net
Mon Jun 26 20:59:03 EDT 2000

Hi All,

On Sunday at West Rock State Park I had 16 species including Common Buckeye, Hickory Hairstreak, Banded Hairstreak (17!, they were everywhere), Red-spotted Purple, and a beautiful Northern Pearly Eye. Unfortunately, no Silvery Checkerspot (has not been seen for many years) or Edward's Hairstreak.

In my yard on Sunday, I had 25 species including Coarl Hairstreak, Common Ringlet, both Southern and Northern Cloudywing, Little Glasswing, and Crossline Skipper.

Today at work, I had a Southern Hairstreak (Satyrium favonius) nectaring on a tree lilac (Syringa pekinensis). This is the second time I have found this species at this location in the past four years.

Keep sending reports,

Andy Brand