Xerces count dates

Clay Taylor CTaylor at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 17 16:14:10 EDT 2000

Hi all -
    Having received two inquires about the dates for my three Xerces NABA Butterfly Counts, I figured that this would be a pretty good way to get the word out.

Madison - Old Lyme (Shoreline) Count : Tuesday, June 20 (rain date 6/21)
    Good stuff in previous years - Horace's Duskywing, Swarthy Skipper
    I Need more people for better coverage!

East Haddam Count : Tuesday, July 4 (rain date 7/05)
    Good stuff in previous years - Bog Coppers (two sites), Aphrodite Fritillary, Dusted Skipper (only one in the country that year), Variegated Fritillary, Baltimore Checkerspot
    Gets 35 to 40 species on most years

New London (Southeast) Count :  Saturday, July 15 (rain date 7/16)
    Good Stuff in previous years - 6 species of Hairstreaks in '99, national high # American Coppers, Coral Hairstreaks, unid. Emperors at Conn College in '99
    You have to see the Butterflyweed at Haley Farm to believe it!

Please call me (H 860-873-9078, W 800-426-3089 x2959) or e-mail me if you are interested in helping out.
Also - I'd like to know when the other CT and nearby counts are being held, so I can see which ones I can attend.

Clay Taylor