Belize Butterfly Book?

Hank & Gerie Golet gzgolet at attglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 11:52:16 EST 2000

I returned yesterday from a weeks stay at Chan Chich Lodge which is located in northwestern Belize about two miles from the border of Guatemala. One of our native guides is really interested in butterflies and is presently using "Butterflies of Costa Rica" but is frustrated because neither the plates or the text have common names.  Probably many of the species in the book do not have a common name but I would think some do. Most of the people that he will be guiding for would rather hear a common than a scientific latin name, as would I. I told him that I would help him .  Does anyone have any information on any literature that he might use?  Is their a guide on Mexican butterflies? Is there a way that I can get common names for the Costa Rica guide? I 've done some searching on the web but have not been able to come up with anything yet..  Thanks Hank Golet