monarchs

Bethsull at aol.com Bethsull at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 20:55:41 EDT 2001

I hope this works..as a post to the entire group. All the Monarchs, eggs and
larva are in Willington CT. My sister cruises the roadsides and fields to be
mowed...and especially Horsebarn Hill at Uconn.  She rescues eggs and larva
and brings them home to her kitchen! Last year she personally reared over 500
monarchs.   This year so far, she has raised tagged and released near 100.
With hundreds more in progress.  She has found her best success with eggs and
larva hatched and  raised indoors. Many of the larva she finds already
hatched and living outside are affected either by disease or parasite very
early on. She has done library and school programs for her children's classes
and also a 4H expedition each year to introduce kids to the wonder and joy.
She is not on the internet yet...is CBA member.   For all her tags...her goal
is to have one reach Mexico..but feels that those from this area..as a
generation...don't make it all the way. She had one returned from Oklahoma!
So if you are looking for monarchs..check out Willington area!!!!