butterfly surveys

Laura Rogers-Castro laura.rogers-castro at po.state.ct.us
Tue Jul 3 08:53:04 EDT 2001

Hi all,
Clay's fabulous butterfly sightings at Babcock have prompted me to appeal to all.  On behalf of the CT DEP Wildlife Division, I am surveying two state wildlife management areas for butterflies in an attempt to find out what's there and also to provide information for future management decisions.  I have already corresponded with Clay regarding Babcock (and thanks for your recent survey, Clay!) but also want to mention that the Goshen Wildlife Management Area is also being surveyed.  Goshen is fantastic for butterflies with literally miles of field, old field and wet meadow habitats.  (I am also doing a transect survey at Goshen).  If anyone is interested in helping me, let me know by e-mail or phone (860-675-8130).
Thanks,
Laura