Flaherty Field Trip

RChyinski at aol.com RChyinski at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 18:18:31 EDT 2001

with only 2 B/F'ers, with decided to go after Ct lifers and only do a casual
look for other B/F's. We found one, possibly two lifers and 24 species
overall,  including Silver Bordered Frit, a lifer for one of us. We  also
found a duskywing, possibly the Horace's .  ( We actually saw 3 or 4). The
question is " does the Horace's always have the 4 white markings near the
leading edge and tip (dorsal side)? ( Glassberg plt 26 figures 5,6).The B/F
we found has only 3 distant  white markings near the tip but does have the 3
other white markings towards the center of the wing. The butterfly is in
excellent condition suggestion recent emerging. Any suggestions on the ID.
Sorry no pic. Rich Chyinski