East Haddam Count - 7/04

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Fri Jun 22 02:00:19 EDT 2001

Hi All -

    I hope that I can get a really good turnout of butterfliers for the upcoming East Haddam Summer Butterfly Count, scheduled for Wednesday, July 4th (rain date 7/05).  I debated holding it on Sunday, July 1, but hopefully people can take a couple of hours in the morning (before your holiday barbeque) and help out.  Even if all you can do is 8am to noon, that would be great!

     I REALLY need more help, since there are some really good spots that go uncounted each year due to lack of people.  Ideally, I would love to field four or five groups - one west of the Conn. River, one in East Haddam, one for East Hampton / Haddam Neck, Rich Chyinski and helpers in Salem / Colchester, and Hank Golet and Ted Hendrickson, et al. in Lyme / Hadlyme.

    The Count Circle includes Hurd, Devil's Hopyard, Echo Farm, Haddam Meadows, and Brainard Homestead State Parks, as well as Salmon River and Cockaponset State Forests, the Conn. Audubon Society's Harlo Haagonsen Preserve, the Pleasant Valley Preserve of the Lyme Land Trust and The Nature Conservancy, and the Hartman Park in Lyme.

    If interested, please contact me via e-mail or telephone - home # (860) 873-9078.

Thanks,

Clay