Moth of the Week

Steve Walter SWalter at nyc.rr.com
Sat Mar 31 20:13:59 EST 2001

With this continued rotten weather, you have to get your leps any way
possible. This time it was an Indian Meal Moth (or something of that ilk) in
the supermarket. What was I thinking not to bring my camera? That's the
whole story, and I think my last one for this forum for a while. I hope they
were uplifting through the cold weather. Maybe I'm wrong --has spring been
cancelled? -- but within a couple of weeks moths won't be a novelty. So it's
time to start up the Moth of the Week feature at the Mulberry Wing Online.
This year's URL is http://www.hmana.org/mulberry . I welcome picture
contributions. Last year brought a few outside contributions and, I'm sure,
a few more digital cameras were bought for Christmas. If you'd like to have
a moth picture featured, the size should be about 480x360 pixels. Butterfly
pictures should be 320x240. While my butterfly reports focus on southeastern
New York and northern New Jersey, pictures from Connecticut and other nearby
states will work too.

Steve Walter
Bayside, NY