CBA field report-Bluff Head

Dale Roberts/Bill Yule droberts03 at SNET.Net
Wed Apr 24 17:24:13 EDT 2002

Lep-sters,
      CBA had their first "official" field trip Sunday and we had a great group of enthusiastic butterfliers. Hiked up the bluff and along the ridgetop for a ways and then down the backside to a nice hemlock ravine.  No great discoveries but a good time none-the-less.
   A rough roundup---
10-12 Falcate orangetip (Anthocharis midea) only 2 female
6 or 7 Juvenal's Duskywing (Erynnis juvenalis)
Mourning Cloak (Nyphalis antiopa)
Cabbage white (Pieris rapae)
3 Spring Azure (Celastrina ladon) they seemed to be the form marginata ala Glassberg book.
   Only five species but the weather Gods gave us a break and the cold and rain never materialized so it was a good day to be about.  Thanks to all who participated, hope to see you all again.
                                  Bill Yule
P.S.  For those who watch other bugs we had some Odonata (Dragonflies, Damselflies) too
one Springtime Darner
 2 Fragile Forktail
2 Eastern Forktail