where are they?

Diane Adams barnacle at portone.com
Tue Jul 2 19:51:52 EDT 2002

Got all excited today coming off exit 6 of Route 9 on my motorcycle.
There's a good-sized milkweed patch there that I've been keeping my eye
on.  Now it's in full bloom & I saw a flash of orange...pulled the bike
over to take a look (a lady in a car stopped to ask if I was okay--I
told her I was hoping to find Monarchs in the milkweed patch & she gave
me a thumbs up)--and found the ubiquitous Great Spangled Fritillary.
They are everywhere--even my husband can identify them now (not to
mention my three-year-old).

"Season of the frits" indeed!!

Diane Adams
Chester