[VA-MD-DE-Bugs] What's flying in southern Connecticut: On and about Milkweed!

Harry Pavulaan harrypav at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:17:02 EDT 2002

Thanks Bill for your detailed notes especially the Milkweed observations.
This is the kind of information I wish more people would post!

Regarding your "Eastern Tiger Swallowtails", OK, it looks as though that's
what's flying in southern Connecticut now.  Anyone following this issue
might take care to note the condition of wing-wear (aging) of the Tigers
flying now.  Should there be an emergence of fresh Tigers in August
sometime, make note of this and post it to the group.  I'd also be
interested in hearing reports.  Take special note of the underside forewing
marginal band or spot row, whichever is present.  Also, photos would really
shed light on the confusing picture that is just now really unfolding.  They
ain't just one Tiger anymore, there's a few emergences in southern New
England that appear to be more than just one species.

Best,
Harry Pavulaan