Ocola Skipper in Killingworth!

jh jhimmel at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 1 12:52:57 EDT 2002

Lepsters -

I was making the rounds in my yard today, looking for some
Monarchs to tag and I noticed what I at first thought was
a Dun Skipper nectaring on asters.  When I saw it closer, I
noticed those elongated forewings!  Ocola Skipper!!  I'd
only seen one once before in Old Saybrook a few years ago.

I ran in and got my camera(s) and snapped off one shot before
it took off.  It's at http://booksandnature.homestead.com/misc3.html

Well, that made my day!

Also, a very fresh Red Admiral, an explosion of Orange Sulphurs,
the usual couple of Great Spangled Frits and a Monarch.

This late summer is making up for the lackluster season.

John
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at mindspring.com