East Lyme Butterflies- Where are the Duskywings?

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Mon May 5 16:07:01 EDT 2003

A further footnote to my field trip experience at the Boston Hill, North
Andover MA yesterday: This may be a poor season for Duskywings, but it
appears that it may not be a poor season for ticks...when I got home, I
checked myself and my clothes very carefully, and it's a good thing I did: I
found at least FIFTEEN (15) ticks of at least two species, on my clothes and
on me...and one was already trying to attach itself. I DO believe that I got
them all...

Good reason to spray your clothes well with bug/tick spray when going into
such an area...

Alex