Gungy Road leps 5/18/03

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Sun May 18 22:04:48 EDT 2003

Hi all -

    Took a quick stroll up the powerlines at Gungy Road, Lyme from about 1:15 to 2:00 pm.   The weather was gorgeous, the dogwoods are all in flower, and all the birdsong made a nice backdrop.   There were a number of cars parked at the Hartman Park area - I haven't been there in a while, so maybe this week I'll visit it.

1 Clouded Sulphur
LOTS of American Coppers - 75+, and I wasn't even trying to see them all
20+ E. Tailed-blues, most in excellent shape
2 Spring Azures
10+ Pearl Crescents
1 unid. Lady that wouldn't stop
1 Polygonia sp. that wouldn't stop
1 Red-spotted Purple
no skippers (darn! - of course, I didn't go in the woods to look for any Duskywings....)

Clay Taylor