swallowtail larvae id

Liz Swanson/Graceful Wings gracefulwings at cox.net
Mon Sep 1 16:11:00 EDT 2003

Hi Linda,
    It's most likely a Black Swallowtail.....

Caterpillar hosts: Leaves of plants in the parsley family (Apiaceae)
including Queen Anne's Lace, carrot, celery and dill. Sometimes plants
in the citrus family (Rutaceae) are preferred.

A great site to check is the US Geological Survey-Northern Prarie
Wildlife Research Center.
www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/bflyusa/bflyusa.htm

Liz
South Windsor