Madison, CT

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 14:16:28 EDT 2003

It was a beautiful, sunny day at Hammonasset State Park in Madison, CT
(on the shore of Long Island Sound).   Temperature in the 60s, light
breeze.  I arrived at 11:45--I know I wasn't the first one there, as the first
Monarch I spotted was already wearing tag #536 (Rich?)  It must have
been lunch hour--over the next hour, I used up my fifteen tags.  I probably
could have used twice as many, and they were still coming.  Also saw
numerous Cabbage Whites and American Painted Ladies (not sure
whether there were a few Painted Ladies mixed in--some were very worn,
and most were flying very quickly!)  Also saw one Clearwing Moth
(possibly Snowberry?) and a few sulphur sp. on the way out.

Diane Adams
Chester, CT (where a Monarch just flew over the house)