Hackberry Emperor

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 18:42:30 EDT 2004

Monday, August 23rd- I visited Chaffinch Island Park in Guilford today  and
found a single, very fresh Hackberry Emperor.

It was in its customary site, the Hackberry tree near the telephone pole
that is anchored with a guy wire.  If anyone wants to look for it, they  should
note the butterfly was very inactive.  It just sat up in the tree  about 12-15
ft off the ground and was sunning itself.  Therefore, while it  is present, it
can be hard to find.  It took me a good deal of time to find  it, and I was
about to give up for the day when it decided to move around I  finally spotted
it.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford