Fw: Monarch problems

wfbosse wfbosse at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 25 05:50:56 EDT 2004

  Her is a note posted on ctLeps yesterday. A few hours later the same note was posted word for word to Buttefly Ass of RI by Arthur Plitt as his own. Sounds unetical. Walter Bosse
have been raising and releasing Monarchs for years for the sheer joy of watching the process. Occasionally in the past I would have a chrysalis that was deformed in some way but not often. This year almost half of the 20 monarchs I have raised have failed to pupate successfully. I have collected milkweed from 'clean' meadows as far as I can tell.
Is anyone else noticing problems? I would be interested to know.

I have been raising and releasing Monarchs for years for the sheer joy of watching the process. Occasionally in the past I would have a chrysalis that was deformed in some way but not often. This year almost half of the 20 monarchs I have raised have failed to pupate successfully. I have collected milkweed from 'clean' meadows as far as I can tell.
Is anyone else noticing problems? I would be interested to know.