Info Request: checkered white butterfly (Pontia protodice)

Scott Smedley Scott.Smedley at mail.cc.trincoll.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:53:47 EST 2004

	During this upcoming field season, my students and I are
hoping to start a project examining potential larval defenses in the
checkered white butterfly (Pontia protodice).  We are interested in
learning about any sizeable populations in the northeastern U.S. that
are accessible for field observation and potential collection of some
adults to start a lab colony.  In addition to location, information
on local  flight periods and larval host plant use would be helpful,
if known.

	Thanks for considering this request.

Sincerely,
Scott Smedley

Scott R. Smedley             e-mail: scott.smedley at mail.trincoll.edu
Department of Biology         phone: (860)-297-2229
Life Science Center             fax: (860)-297-2538
Trinity College
Hartford, CT  06106-3100

   URLs: http://www.trincoll.edu/~ssmedley/
	http://www.trincoll.edu/prog/churchfarm/fieldstation/