Tiger Swallowtails

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Fri May 7 17:12:53 EDT 2004

Well, I caught one of those big yellow and black-striped swallowtails with
the hope of figuring out if it was Appalachian or Tiger.  Took some photos
and went online to see if I could find some reference.  I did, and it turns
out it's a bonafide Tiger.

Randy Emmit has some great photos comparing Appalachian and Tiger
Swallowtails.  Go to
http://www.rlephoto.com/butterflies/swallowtail_at01.html

I'm going to keep checking, now that I know what to look for.  Tiger
Swallowtails have become more interesting now that they've been "split".

John

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at comcast.net

"Discovering Moths, Nighttime Jewels in Your Own Yard"
Go to: http://booksandnature.homestead.com/DiscoveringMothspage.html

Visit my other websites at:
  www.johnhimmelman.com
  www.connecticutmoths.com